Please write to Tony Abbott requesting that he take action against the ACT Government’s push to legalise so called homosexual ‘marriage’ around the 22nd of October.
Senior parliamentarians fighting against the same have advised the following:
- Write to Tony Abbott to act against the Bill, either via the Parliament or High Court, and send a cc version to your local Federal MP, irrespective of the Party, and to your State Senators.
- Send the letters in hardcopy format, with a signature – these have a greater effect.
- Deal with the issue in two parts:
- That marriage is a Federal Power according to the S 51 (xxi)Constitution, for which the prerogative to legislate has been claimed since 1961 with no evidence of relinquishing power to the States or Territories. The ACT Parliament is trying to seize power it has no right to. See the excellent article by Professor Patrick Parkinson in yesterday’s Canberra Times: Legal Pitfalls of Gay Marriage: http://canberratimes.com.au/comment/legal-pitfalls-of-gay-marriage-20130920-2u5fm.html
- Children have a right to a mother and a father and homosexual ‘marriage’ robs them of that birthright. It redefines everybody’s marriage and makes marriage adult-centred rather than child centred. It also attacks freedom of expression and freedom of religion, as dissenting views are denounced as hate speech, and subject to penalty under anti-discrimination laws.
- Keep a disciplined tone and use your own words.
Please circulate amongst your contacts. The more pro-marriage mail Tony Abbott receives from us, the stronger his hand is to move against this action by the ACT Parliament.
National Marriage Coalition