The 4th National Day of Prayer and Fasting
to be held Sunday 2 March 2014
The theme for the 4th National Day of Prayer and Fasting, to be held on Sunday 2 March 2014, will be REVIVAL. This theme is explained in the short video at www.nationaldayofprayer.com.au True revival begins as God’s people renew their love for Him. This renewal of our first love as individuals touches the Church and facilitates the proclamation of the Gospel. That is why each year there is a strong emphasis on prayer-based personal evangelism. Jesus Christ is the answer. When people hear the good news of God’s love in Jesus Christ from their friends, who are praying for them, their hearts are touched. Many find new life in Christ as a result.
In 2014, there will also be a special focus on prayer for a revival of sexual purity. One of our prayer goals is to turn back the tide of immorality that is sweeping our nation. The Good News is that REVIVAL in the Church leads to transformation in the nation. See this short promotional video http://youtu.be/BXTmjW65X5Y from three prominent church leaders.
Church leaders from every denomination and leaders from other sectors of society are now being invited to include this major prayer initiative for REVIVAL in their calendars for next year. The organising team are hoping that as many as possible can observe the National Day of Prayer and Fasting in their own church settings or other suitable venues.
Leaders are also being encouraged to come or send a representative to the National Day of Prayer and Fasting Prayer Service in the Great Hall of Parliament House, Canberra on Sunday 2 March 2014 from 10AM to 4PM. It is expected that up to 1,000 Christians will gather there. Through a live webcast, this observance will link with many thousands gathering across the country.
All this will be followed by 40 Days of Prayer and Fasting over the period of Lent from 5 March – 13 April 2014. www.40daysofprayer.com.au During this time it is expected that many more prayers will be offered for REVIVAL, evangelism and sexual purity in our nation following daily devotions from key leaders and a Five Point Prayer Plan.
1. Commit to a deepening and overflowing love for God (1 John 4:16).
2. Make a list of friends you will pray for on each of these 40 days, praying they will be revived from death
to new life in Jesus Christ. As God leads, invite them to encounter the life of Jesus at an Easter service.
3. Include these 40 Days of Prayer in your church calendar and mobilise your church to pray and partner
with God in His revival of our nation.
4. Live a sexually pure, holy life by grace and the power of a personal relationship with God and pray for a revival of sexual purity in our nation (1 John 3:3, 2 Cor 6:16-7:1).
5. Pray each day for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit and fire to unite us in prayer and partnership with God in His revival and transformation of Australia (Acts 2:17).
For more information and promotional materials visit www.nationaldayofprayer.com.au or phone
Ps Matt Prater: 0433 192 267 Dr Graham McLennan: 0427 003 549 Warwick Marsh: 0418 225 212