2. The inability to handle criticism shows a weakness
3. One church loses 41 members in AirAsia tragedy
4. A local “Claytons Beach Mission”
5. Regional Events
2. The inability to handle criticism shows weakness. (Follow the link). The message broadcast by the Charlie Hebdo attacks is not that radical Islamism is strong, but that it is a weak, ideological dead-end, writes Chris Berg. This is a thoughtful article from the Herald Drum. It gives an in depth perspective on a foundational weakness of the emerging militant Islam.
3. One church loses 41 members in AirAsia tragedy. Follow link for family and congregational response to this disaster. It’s a huge load for Pastor Philip Mantofa, Mawar Sharon Church Surabaya, Indonesia (30 000 members). Philip was featured in the DVD Father of Lights. (2 minute trailer)
4. A Claytons Beach Mission. Read how, for 10 days over the Christmas break, 21 friends from 4 different local churches got together to share the Gospel with people in the central Wollongong area. It’s an exciting, encouraging story with an invitation for others to be involved. Contact David Milne. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Regional Events:
The Australian Prayer Network are encouraging Christians throughout Australia to participate in a Night of Prayer for our county on Australia Day Eve, Jan 25th.
Friday Feb 6th 2015. 7-8.30am. The launch of the 2015 Wollongong Prayer Breakfastwill be held in the heart of the City at the Salvation Army Cafe Essay at 11-13 Burelli St, Wollongong. We invite you to come to this special launch breakfast and bring a friend. Please RSVP asap for this free breakfast as space is limited. Register by email to email@example.com or by phone on 0415 538 183. The speaker will be Sam Clear who has walked over 15000 km through many countries, promoting unity. He has an amazing story. See link for event details.
Saturday Feb 7th, theIllawarra Day of Prayer and Fasting is being held at 10AM – 4PM, in the ‘Winners Room’ on the second floor, WIN Grandstand, Harbour St, Wollongong. This event is being held in conjunction with the:
Sunday Feb 15th.National Day of Prayer and Fasting.
These prayer events are, by Gods grace, getting things done in heaven!“More Things Are Wrought by Prayer Than This World Dreams of. . . .” from a poem written by Alfred Lord Tennyson.
Wed to Fri 25th, 26th and 27th Feb – Rick and Donna Shelton at Gateway City Church.
This couple are focused on restoring the supernatural to today’s church.
Thursday March 12th 20157.30 – 9.15pm. Perspectives 2015 course. It’s about Establishing foundations for Cross Cultural Ministry. See link for details
Friday May 29 2015. The Annual Wollongong Prayer Breakfastwill be held on Friday, 29 May 2015. The speaker will be Lyle Shelton, the Managing Director of the Australian Christian Lobby.
Immediately following the breakfast there will be opportunity to talk to Lyle in a more informal setting. He can answer questions and bring the national issues into a perspective that relates to the local church.
YWAM Wollongongis organisingGo Fest Sydney June 24-27 2015.
This event is for all who have a heart to work with churches, school groups or anyone sharing the vision to see a new wave of young and old alike connecting to God’s wonderful call on their lives. For more information visit Facebook.com/gofestsydney,or contact Sydney Go Fest email
7.30 Friday Morning Breakfasts meet at the offices of Warwick Marsh, Dads4Kids, behind Central Rd shops, through KFC car park Unanderra. In recess from Dec 19th to Feb 6th
Pray: “Lord, show me how you see me and my church”. (And have your tissues handy for when you burst with love and joy)
Richie Benaud inviting his famous mates to an Australia Day Barbie. A must watch.
An Adelaide man was charged with driving an Esky. Did it need a BMW bike to catch it? Or was the tow truck overloaded (scroll down)
Pray with, and for, other Christian leaders in your area.
How is your fraternal going?
Anti Spam Policy
Note, our network eLink service provider has written an Anti-Spam Policy
KCI will voluntarily comply with best practice ‘Permission Based Email Marketing’. We will periodically connect with our contacts who regularly show on our ‘did not open’ report in order to affirm a willingness to remain on our mailing list.
Safe Unsubscribe links are below.
There are currently 6 people from different churches (with Darryl Stewart as Coordinator) on the board who take responsibility for the network.